Lamb Madras. Sprinkle the turmeric over the lamb, stirring lightly to coat. Toast the fennel seeds as above and set aside. Lamb madras is a rich, fragrant and intense curry, which is a popular item British Indian restaurants' menus.
Hi Hari, Aah ya gooin!, Tried the lamb madras tonight, must say if you like your curry, this is the one, followed your recipe to the word(not like me because i like to tinker with the recipe) but this was superb, better than the other recipes i have tried, and beleive me i have tried a few!, The brown onions really give good colour and. Madras Lamb Curry Recipe is a luscious rich curry that you will fall in love with the blend of spices that is used to make the gravy. The spices used are typically used in south India region like the dried red chillies, poppy seeds, jeera, cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, mustard seeds and coriander seeds. You be responsible brewing seethe Lamb Madras proving 29 instructions than 4 and. Here you go perform.
prescription of Lamb Madras
- It's of Marinade.
- It's 500 g of lamb (I used lamb leg steaks but any lamb will be nice).
- You need 1 cup of Greek yoghurt.
- It's 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garam Masala.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chilli powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- You need of Curry.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need of Large thumb size piece of ginger.
- Prepare 2 of Birdseye chillis.
- Prepare 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1/3 of water using tin of tomatoes.
- It's Squeeze of tomato purée.
- Prepare Squeeze of honey.
- It's 1 of lamb stock cube (any will do if you haven’t got lamb).
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- It's of Drizzle of olive oil.
- It's 1/2 cup of coconut milk (optional and can be replaced with yoghurt if you haven’t got any).
- Prepare Half of a bag of spinach leaves (optional).
- Prepare of Fresh coriander stalks and leaves.
- It's of Spices:.
- It's 1 tablespoon of ground coriander.
- It's 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garam Masala.
- You need 1 teaspoon of tamarind (optional- don’t worry if you don’t have it).
The lamb curry is cooked in mustard oil which imparts a strong and pungent flavour to the. Madras curry or Madras sauce is a fairly hot curry sauce (with the exception of seafood madras curries, which are made to a slightly different recipe), red in colour and with heavy use of chili powder. Yoghurt is often used to take away some or all of the heat. Indian restaurant madras curry is one of the great ones.
Lamb Madras receipt
- Start by marinading lamb for a few hours using the marinade ingredients. I leave it in a tupperware in the fridge for at least 3 hours..
- To make the curry sauce cook your diced onions in some olive oil till softened. Then add garlic, ginger and chilli. Then add your spices and cook for a couple of mins. Then add everything else. Simmer for 30 mins or so then pulse the sauce with a hand blender (don’t over blitz so it’s too smooth as it’s nice to have some texture). I also blitz in the same pot I am cooking the sauce in- just be careful not to scratch your pan..
- Meanwhile, get a hot non stick pan and brown your lamb in hot oil for a few minutes only. Don’t cook the lamb just brown it..
- Transfer your lamb to the sauce and leave it to cook on the lowest heat for a couple of hours with the lid on. Stir in between a few times and take lid off to thicken. Towards the end of cooking (when the rice is on), add the fresh coriander (stalks and leaves) and spinach leaves. Serve and enjoy 💕.
Madras curry is on every single restaurant menu for a reason. It's on the hotter end of the scale. It can even be a really spicy curry. Some restaurants go a little overboard I find. I like blazing hot madras curry.