Vickys Root Veg & Sausage Soup, GF DF EF SF NF.
You organize sizzling decoct Vickys Root Veg & Sausage Soup, GF DF EF SF NF employing 14 instructions so 4 steps. Here is how you nail it.
receipt of Vickys Root Veg & Sausage Soup, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of sausage, use hot sausage, hot italian or chorizo (check label to make sure no gluten), casing removed and sliced & diced small.
- It's of carrots, peeled & chopped.
- Prepare of large white potatoes, peeled & diced.
- It's of sweet potatoes, peeled & diced.
- You need of large swede, peeled & diced.
- Prepare of butternut squash, peeled & diced.
- It's of chicken stock.
- It's of hot water.
- You need of onion powder.
- Prepare of ginger.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Prepare of salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare of chopped parsley to garnish.
Vickys Root Veg & Sausage Soup, GF DF EF SF NF one at a time
- Fry off the diced sausage in a little oil in a large stock pot until cooked, then remove with a slotted spoon and let drain on some kitchen towel.
- Add the vegetables to the pot and fry off for a few minutes, then add in the water, stock and seasonings and bring to the boil. Put the lid on and turn the heat down to a simmer for 35 - 40 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Let cool slightly then whizz the soup through a blender in batches until smooth. Return to the pan, stir in the coconut milk and add back in the pieces of chopped sausage. Heat through, season well to taste and serve! Yields around 4 litres.
- The type of sausage you use will determine the seasoning you need. For example I have used chorizo this time and so I added plenty of black pepper and a tsp of smoked paprika to finish my soup.