Chickpea casserole. I also love how pretty this casserole is when served up. When you scoop up this casserole you see the pink shallots, the green flecks of herbs, and of course the golden creaminess of cheese and chickpeas. The Best Vegetarian Chickpea Casserole Recipes on Yummly
The casserole tastes best if made a day ahead. Remove the basil sprig, and stir in the drained chickpeas. Serve hot over rice, garnished with onion rings and coriander. You wrap up brewing nuke Chickpea casserole working 10 prescription furthermore 7 moreover. Here is how you achieve.
prescription of Chickpea casserole
- It's 1 can of chickpeas/1 1/5 cup freshly cooked chickpeas.
- It's 1 tbls of hummus.
- You need 3 of crushed garlic cloves.
- It's 3 tbls of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain yoghurt.
- Prepare 1 of large toasted pita bread.
- It's 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare of Mint for garnishing.
A vegetarian casserole that satisfies the tastebuds. This recipe shows that casseroles don't always need to be full of meat - or take ages to cook! A hearty yet light one-dish vegetarian chickpea casserole, full of protein and fresh flavors. Learn how to make Harissa chicken & chickpea casserole and get the Smartpoints of the recipes.
Chickpea casserole step by step
- Cook chickpeas in its water for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- As the chickpeas are cooking, using a fork, crush a few chickpeas.
- In a serving dish, break up the pita bread and arrange at the bottom of the dish.
- In a jar/ bowl, mix yoghurt, hummus, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, paprika and salt & pepper and set aside.
- Bring some water to a boil, pour hot water in a large dish (that can hold the jar of the yoghurt mixture), stand the jar of yoghurt mixture in the hot water and stir for 2-3 minutes so that the flavours blend well together.
- Add the cooked chickpeas in the yoghurt mix, until well combined.
- Finally, pour the entire mixture over the pita bread, garnish with chopped mint and serve warm.
Stir in the chickpeas, tomatoes, stock, harissa, and lemon zest and juice. Casseroles are simple to whip up and my Chickpea Enchilada Casserole recipe is sure to be a hit with the entire family! If you have a vegetarian in your family then this recipe is sure to impress them. For an easy chicken casserole in the oven, give this a go. Loaded with Indian spices, coconut, chickpeas and tender chicken, it's a great one-pot supper.