Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup!. Cook on a medium heat until soft. Add a splash of water if the onion starts to catch. Place the soup in the bowl of a food processor and whizz until it is smooth.
Ladle the soup into bowls, crumble over the extra blue cheese and sprinkle with the pine nuts. Light and creamy broccoli soup with Danish blue cheese. The blue cheese can be substituted for other cheeses such as blue Stilton or Gorgonzola. You take care of business stewing parch Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup! adopting 8 method moreover 8 along with. Here is how you consummate.
ingredients of Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup!
- It's 1 of broccoli head.
- It's 2 of celery sticks.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It's 1 clove of garlic.
- It's of Olive oil.
- It's 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare 100 g of Blue cheese or stilton.
- Prepare of Black pepper to season.
Broccoli and a slew of supporting vegetables create a broth to which Cream and Blue Cheese are added at the last moment. While I went out and bought England's most famous Blue Cheese, Stilton, specifically to make the soup, you could easily use any leftover Blue from your next Cheese Board. In a large saucepan, cook the onion in olive oil until tender, but not browned. This soup will feel like a diet detox soup with all the flavors we crave in winter and that cheesy goodness.
Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup! receipt
- Peel the garlic, trim and roughly chop the celery and broccoli..
- Heat a splash of oil in a pan, then soften the garlic, onion, and celery for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and soften for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- If you have pre made stock, then great! I don’t so I will use 1 litre of HOT water, 2 chicken stock and 1 vegetable stock cube. Add the cubes to the water and make sure they dissolve.
- Add the stock to the pan, season with black pepper and cover and leave to simmer until broccoli is cooked. (Approx 15 minutes).
- Carefully pour the contents into a food processor and blend until smooth TOP TIP - don’t try to tip the soup directly from the pan as it goes EVERYWHERE. Use a ladle.... it’s much easier!!!.
- Stir in your crumbled cheese, allowing a few lumps to remain. I have used 100g but if you want a stronger flavour, add more. Season with black pepper and salt (remember the stock already contains salt) according to your tastes and serve..
I hope you love this feel good Broccoli and Cheese Soup recipe. If you make it, please leave me a comment telling me how you like it, or use hashtag #feelgoodfoodie on Instagram so I can see your recreations. Put the garlic oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add the chopped spring onions and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the thyme and the frozen broccoli, and stir in the heat for a minute or so. In a large pot over medium heat, combine the butter or margarine and the onions.