Tandoori Chicken with butter rice.
You close brewing imbue Tandoori Chicken with butter rice using 13 ingredients as a consequence 6 as a consequence. Here you are conclude.
modus operandi of Tandoori Chicken with butter rice
- Prepare 4 of Chicken breast fillets.
- It's 4 Tablespoons of butter, melted.
- It's 7 tablespoons of tandoori curry powder.
- Prepare 400 g of natural Greek yoghurt.
- You need 4 tablespoons of plain flour.
- You need 4 tablespoons of tomato purée.
- It's of for the rice:.
- It's 500 g of long grain or basmati rice.
- Prepare 200 g of butter.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 litre of boiling water.
- Prepare 1 of x red chillies (deseeded & sliced).
- It's of Large handful fresh coriander, chopped.
Tandoori Chicken with butter rice method
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees/200 degrees fan assisted.
- Cut diagonal lines in the chicken breasts and place them in a roasting dish or shallow casserole dish. Pour over 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and then sprinkle over 4 tablespoons of the tandoori spice powder. Bake the chicken in the oven for 15 minutes..
- To make sauce, mix together the yoghurt, remaining melted butter, tomato purée and remaining curry powder.
- Reduce oven temperature by 20 degrees. Take chicken out and pour the sauce all over the chicken and place back in oven for a further 30 minutes..
- Now cook the rice. Put butter in to a large saucepan and cook over a high heat until it becomes a golden brown colour. Once it does, add the rice and salt and stir so rice is completely coated. Then add the boiling water and bring to the boil again, stirring continuously. Once it does, reduce heat and continue stirring until all if the water has evaporated. Put the lid on the pan and leave to steam on a low heat until rice is completely cooked..
- Take chicken out of oven and serve on top of the rice with sliced chillies and coriander sprinkled over the top..