Tomato Coconut Milk Rice. The addition of coconut milk keeps the rice moist and tasty. We also call this as Tomato pulav. Here is how I do Tamilnadu style Tomato rice.
It can be made with minimal ingredients. Looking for an easy lunch item. This is a variation of the old Southern dish Savannah Red Rice, which is featured in Joyce White's cookbook "Soul Spoon the rice mixture into the baking dish. You fix steaming bake Tomato Coconut Milk Rice accepting 16 technique so 5 moreover. Here you are win.
instructions of Tomato Coconut Milk Rice
- You need of Basmathi Rice.
- It's of Coconut milk.
- You need of Cardamom.
- Prepare of Cloves.
- You need of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Bay leaves.
- You need of Oil.
- It's of Ghee.
- You need of Onions finely chopped.
- Prepare of Green chillied slit.
- Prepare of Garlic clove.
- It's of big Tomtoes pureed.
- You need of Enough Salt.
- It's of Turmeric.
- It's of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare of Kashmiri chilli powder.
Stir in the tomatoes, coconut milk, salt, black pepper and hot pepper sauce or cayenne pepper, mixing well. Tastes great over brown rice that sops up the broth with chopped avocado. Coconut milk rice also called as coconut rice, andhra kobbari annam is very delicious, mildly flavored and tastes great with any good simple curry. Coconut milk rice is a simple one pot traditional rice recipe made by cooking rice in coconut milk along with spices.
Tomato Coconut Milk Rice separately
- Wash rice thoroughly and soak it for about exactly 20 minutes. Puree the tomatoes, extract the coconut milk at the beginning of the cooking..
- Heat oil in pan add cardamom, cinnamon, clove and bay leaf. After 5 seconds add chopped onions and saute for couple of minutes. Now add green chillies and fry for minute. Now add chopped or crushed garlic and saute until nice aroma comes out..
- Add salt, chilli powder and turmeric. For bright colour you can add kashmiri chilli powder. I added 1 tsp of kashmiri also. Now add the tomato puree and cook until oil comes out of the sides and gravy thicken to the paste..
- Now add the coconut milk and stir it. Just add one more cup of water that's more than enough. Adjust salt close with lid cook until done in pressure cooker or rice cooker..
- Once rice done add 1 tbsp of ghee and mix it. Yummy Tummy... #mycookbook.
The aroma of this coconut milk rice. This is a list of dishes made using coconut milk. Coconut milk is the liquid that comes from the grated meat of a coconut. The color and rich taste of the milk can be attributed to the high oil content. Most of the fat is saturated fat.